It's so cold!!

I am surprised how chilly it has been lately! It is only November, but some days, the weather feels like it is already Winter! This year's weather has been very strange. We had summer weather until about the first week of October, and then only had autumn weather for what felt like only one week! The weather changed so quickly, and has been very inconsistent, that now I have gotten the common cold. I have had a sore throat, cough, and headache for about one week and it will not go away. I hope to feel better before Thanksgiving, and I hope the weather stays as warm as possible for a while.

Vocabulary:

1. surprised: an emotion someone might feel when something unexpected happens
2. Winter: the coldest season of the year; begins in December and ends in March
3. strange: unusual in a way that is hard to understand; odd
4. inconsistent: not staying the same
5. common cold: sick; may involve sneezing, coughing, etc.
6. headache: a painful feeling in any part of your head

Vocabulary Exercises:

https://www.puzzlefast.com/en/puzzles/2019111719144563

Grammar Point: Types of Punctuation

There are different types of punctuation that you use when writing. 
Image result for olaf
Period: used at the end of a sentence
Exclamation Point: used at the end of a command or exclamation
Question Mark: used at the end of a question

Place the correct punctuation at the end of each sentence.

1. It is freezing outside, I think I am frozen __
2. Do you want to build a snowman __
3. My head is pounding, it really hurts __
4. The store is about to open __
5. Will you join me on the balcony __
6. I stopped at Starbucks for a hot chocolate __

Comments

  1. Good entry. I like the punctuation exercise and the very cheerful snowman. Your posts are very student friendly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts