Post #1: Pets

"Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made." – Roger A. Caras



These are my dogs, Lexi and Sammi. Lexi is a Puggle, a crossbreed dog which is part Beagle and part Pug. Sammi is a purebred Poodle. Lexi is currently ten years old and weighs approximately thirty pounds. Sammi is eight years old and weighs approximately seven pounds. Although they are both getting older, they both have a lot of energy! They especially get extremely excited when someone walks through the front door. They love greeting anyone who enters our home. Lexi loves to run around in our backyard, except for when it is rainy or snowy outside. Sammi does not love the outdoors as much, but instead loves to cuddle up next to someone and sleep. I love both of my dogs and are very thankful that they are in my life. Do you have any pets, and if so do they like the outdoors like Lexi or the indoors like Sammi? 

Vocabulary:

1. crossbreed- when animals parents are of different breeds

2. purebred- when animals parents are of the same breed

3. currently- right now

4. approximately- almost, or about

5. pounds- a unit of measurement

6. energy- having the strength to do something

7. especially- very much, really

8. extremely- to a great extent

9. excited- strong feelings of happiness

10. cuddle- to lay down close to each other for affection

11. thankful- expressing gratitude

12. except- not including 

Vocabulary Exercise:

Directions: Use the definitions to unscramble the vocabulary words.
1. dxeicte- strong feels of happiness
2. yalperoximateap- almost
3. ltuhfnak- expressing gratitude
4. dpsuon- unit of measurement
5. rcunreytl- right now
6. bsdcresoesr- animals parents are of different breeds
7. delduc- lay down close to one another 
8. pxcete- not including

Grammar Point: Punctuation

There are different types of punctuation that you use when writing. They are:

Period: a period is used at the end of a sentence
Exclamation Point: used at the end of a command or exclamation (excitement)
Question Mark: used at the end of a question

Place the correct punctuation at the end of each sentence.

1. Do you want to go to the movies

2. I am going to the store

3. I am so excited 

4. Where is my book

5. Go away

6. Can we go to the park 

7. I will see you later 

Comments

  1. A very nice entry! I liked meeting your dogs, Sammi and Lexi. I have 3 cats, all of whom like to be outside and inside, but I only let them out for part of the day (morning and early afternoon). Then they come in and cuddle up either alone of with me or my son if we are home.
    The blog has all of the required components with good exercises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this particular entry! I loved learning about your dogs, and I liked the grammar exercises you created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The punctuation exercise is great! It can make a helpful Do Now or quick assessment at the end of class.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts